Some of my kids absolutely loved the Buffalo Chicken Taquitos that we made for the Super Bowl way back in January, but not every one of them is a fan of buffalo sauce. So I wanted to try to create a different version of taquitos that the rest of my gang would love too. So I came up with these BBQ Chicken Taquitos– and they're so simple and so easy to pull together and they make a great weeknight dinner!
BBQ Chicken Taquitos
When you cook your chicken breasts in the crockpot for a few hours, they are so easy to shred with two forks.
Next I prepare the sauce by mixing together the BBQ, soy, worcestershire sauces along with a bit of garlic powder, and then pouring it over the chicken and stir well. You want your chicken to be seriously coated in sauce! To create the little taquito packets, I place two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture onto the bottom 1/3 of a tortilla, and then fold up the bottom and then the two sides to make the little packet…
And then fold over the top. I place them into a 13×9 baking dish and pop this in the fridge until just before dinner.
I then brush each side of the taquito packets with a bit of vegetable oil before baking them in the oven for 20 minutes to crisp.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is Kraft BBQ)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-8 tortilla wraps
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cook the chicken breasts in a crockpot set to high for 4 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken breasts.
- Mix together the BBQ, soy, worchestershire sauces and garlic powder. Add the sauce to the chicken and stir to coat. (You want lots of sauce on your chicken!)
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the bottom third of the tortilla wrap. Fold up the bottom and then the 2 sides to form an envelope. Fold over the top.
- Brush both sides of the taquito with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.