I love a meal that I can pull together earlier in the day while the kids are at school, and then finish quickly in the evening- in between helping with homework and shuttling kids to sports and activities. These buffalo chicken taquitos fit perfectly into that plan. A delicious home-cooked dinner that is super simple to make!
I can put the chicken breasts in the crockpot to cook while I am making breakfast for the kids. When I stop to have lunch, I can shred the chicken, add in the sauce and then prepare the taquito wraps, and then all I need to do is to bake them in the oven while I throw together a salad.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
When you cook your chicken breasts in the crockpot for a few hours, they are so easy to shred with two forks.
Next I prepare the sauce by melting the butter and cream cheese in the microwave and then add in the buffalo sauce. Then I toss in the shredded chicken to mix it all together.
To create the little taquito packets, I place two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture onto the bottom 1/3 of a tortilla…
And then fold up the bottom and then the two sides to make the little packet…
And then fold over the top. I place them into a 13×9 baking dish and pop this in the fridge until just before dinner.
I then brush each side of the taquito packets with a bit of vegetable oil before baking them in the oven for 20 minutes to crisp.
Then be sure to check out this list of my favorite Kitchen Gadgets This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. for Busy Moms over on my Amazon Influencer page This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. !
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 6-8 tortilla wraps
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cook the chicken breasts in a crockpot set to high for 4 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken breasts.
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and cook in 20 seconds intervals until the butter has melted and the cream cheese has softened. Add in the garlic powder and buffalo sauce and mix well. Add sauce to chicken and stir to coat.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the bottom third of the tortilla wrap. Fold up the bottom and then the 2 sides to form an envelope. Fold over the top.
- Brush both sides of the taquito with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
These sound so good! Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday!
Rebecca West says
We love buffalo chicken so I can’t wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing over at Welcome Home Wednesdays!
Crystal Green says
This looks delicious. I would have to have blue cheese dressing handy to go with it.
Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors on Friday at 12 AM EST.
Suzie from Munchkin Time says
These look amazingly delicious! Thank you Sharon for posting this yummy recipe! – Suzie