There's nothing better than kicking off the holiday season with some candy-coated cookies and candy, right? This Halloween bark recipe is just a way to warm up the sweet tooth for all of the decadence that will be coming our way!
I know- it IS kind of crazy to gear up for a candy-filled holiday by making even more treats involving candy- but for our family who once missed out on Halloween two years in a row due to Mother Nature (I'm looking at you Hurricane Sandy and massive snowstorm the following year!), we're don't take any chances. Better to sugar-up now- just in case we have to miss the entire event once again!
So sad that this awesome costume was never even worn to our neighbors' homes on Halloween Night:
Or this one…
But at least they were worn to school (once school re-opened!)
Place the Oreos into a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and using a rolling pin, crush up those babies into small chunks. You don't want them to be smashed into crumbs- you are really striving for small chunks here.
Pour the Oreos into a large mixing bowl and add your package of candy corn. Stir it up. Resist the urge to steal bites just to make sure the “everything is fresh”.
Next melt your white chocolate morsels. The easiest way to is to pour them into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat them on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
When they come out, they'll look like you haven't even warmed them up. Ignore the way it looks- and give it a good stir.
And soon it will look like this- return the bowl to the microwave and heat for another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Again- it won't look all melty until you start to stir. Just keep stirring until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Resist the temptation to dip in your finger. (Or try to, anyway). Pour the white chocolate over the oreo/candy corn mixture and stir until evenly coated.
They will resemble weird looking moon-rocks. Call it “Monster Mash”. And if the kids think it still looks too strange to eat- then pat yourself on the back… your evil plan worked and you can enjoy the whole batch to yourself!
Halloween Bark Recipe!
This recipe is so incredibly simple- it is almost not even a recipe- but just a gathering together of deliciousness. And you can easily whip up a batch and divvy it up into serving bags for school parties, or a scout meeting, or just to eat while hiding under the covers binge-watching your favorite show (no judging!)
- 1 package of Oreos (if you can find the Halloween ones with the orange filling- even better!)
- 1 package of Brach's Candy Corn
- 1 24-oz package of white chocolate morsels
- Place the Oreos into a gallon-sized zip top bag, and using a rolling pin, crush them into small chunks. (You don't want them to be smashed into crumbs)
- Pour the smashed Oreos into a large mixing bowl and add the candy corn. Stir.
- Place the white chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat them on high for 1½ minutes. Stir.
- Return the bowl to the microwave and heat for another 1 to 1½ minutes.
- Keep stirring until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the smashed Oreos and candy corn mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a rimmed cookie sheet that has been covered in non-stick foil. Allow the bark to cool in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- Break into bite-sized pieces.
Just in case you do decide to share- you can download the cute printable tag for you to include on the package! Simply sign up below to receive the MomOf6 newsletter, and you'll be directed to a thank you page with download instructions!
Join the MomOf6 community!
Looking for some more great ideas for Halloween?
Check out these posts:
- 10 Halloween Costumes for Tweens that You Can Buy Now!
- Halloween Monkey Bread
- Halloween White Chocolate Chex Mix (with free printable tag)
- Halloween Pumpkin Shaped Sugar Cookies
- Halloween Bark (with free printable tag)
- Halloween Treats for the Classroom (Links to Love)
- The 10 Best Halloween Subway art printables