Whether we are grilling steaks outside or simmering a roast in the oven, nothing pairs better than something warm and cheesy- with bacon! Something delicious that slow-cooks all day long- freeing me up to do more important things- like binge-watching a series on Netflix or playing with my kids in the backyard! So if this side dish sounds good to you- give these super-easy, 4-ingredient, slow cooker cheesy potatoes a try!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes with just four ingredients!
The easiest low-mess way to prepare the bacon is to line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil and lay out the bacon slices on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until it is cooked through, but not too crispy.
You can also place your bacon on top of a wire rack so the grease drains off of the bacon- but personally, I don't because it gives me yet another thing to clean up! I drain my cooked bacon on a double layer of paper towels and blot away the grease, and then slice them into generous-sized chunks.
Layer all of the yumminess in your crockpot- the potatoes, the cheese, the crumbled bacon, and the ranch dressing mix. I like to line my crockpot in non-stick foil for easier cleanup!
- 3 lbs of potatoes- washed and cut into 1" cubes (I prefer Yukon Gold)
- 1½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound of thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- Line your slow cooker with non-stick foil- leaving enough overhang on the ends so that you can cover the potatoes.
- Layer half of the potato pieces, ½ cup of cheese, ½ of the bacon bits, and ½ the ranch dressing mix into the foil-lined pot. Gently stir to combine. Layer the remaining potatoes, bacon, ranch and ½ cup of cheese and stir again to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar on top and cover the potatoes completely with the foil.
- Place the lid on top and cook on high for 4 hours.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!