One of our favorite things to order at Boston Market (which is a great fast-food alternative!) is their delicious meatloaf! So I shouldn't have been surprised when my kids asked me to learn how to make a copycat version! Here's my version of a Boston Market Copycat Meatloaf recipe!
What Makes this Boston Market Copycat Meatloaf Recipe So Good…
I believe it is all about the sauce! A tangy mix of ketchup, BBQ sauce, and sugar- it is mixed into the meatloaf as well as baked on top (added halfway thru cooking time).
The addition of fresh homemade breadcrumbs helps to bind the meat into a “loaf” and is so much tastier than breadcrumbs from the store!
The best way to mix everything together- is with your hands! Using a mixer just turns the meat into mush!
And halfway through the baking time, I remove the meatloaf from the oven, drain the grease that has accumulated, cut it into serving-sized slices, and add the ketchup-BBQ mixture on top before returning it to the oven!
Boston Market Copycat Meatloaf Recipe
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2½ Tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1½ Tablespoons Sugar
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs (I make mine from wheat bread)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the ketchup, BBQ sauce, and sugar. Set aside ½ cup of the mixture.
- Using your hands, mix together the remaining ingredients, including the sauce that is not reserved.
- Using cooking spray, coat a 9x5" loaf pan. Place meat mixture inside.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and drain any accumulated grease (I place a utensil over the meat in the pan as I tip out the grease. Cut the meatloaf into serving-sized slices. Spoon the ½ cup of sauce
- on top of the meatloaf.
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!