Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner that you can start in the crockpot and then finish in 30 minutes? These BBQ Chicken Taquitos might be just what you're looking for- so easy to pull together, and your kids will love them!
When you cook your chicken breasts in the crockpot for a few hours, they are so easy to shred with two forks.
I prepare the sauce by mixing together the BBQ, soy, Worcestershire sauces along with a bit of garlic powder, and then pouring it over the chicken and stir well. You want your chicken to be seriously coated in the sauce!
To create the little taquito packets, I place two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture onto the bottom 1/3 of a tortilla, and then fold up the bottom and then the two sides to make the little packet:
And then fold over the top. I place them in a 13×9 baking dish and pop this in the fridge until just before dinner.
I then brush each side of the taquito packets with a bit of vegetable oil before baking them in the oven for 20 minutes to crisp.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is Kraft BBQ)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-8 tortilla wraps
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cook the chicken breasts in a crockpot set to high for 4 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken breasts.
- Mix together the BBQ, soy, Worcestershire sauces and garlic powder. Add the sauce to the chicken and stir to coat. (You want lots of sauce on your chicken!)
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the bottom third of the tortilla wrap. Fold up the bottom and then the 2 sides to form an envelope. Fold over the top.
- Brush both sides of the taquito with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!