My sister-in-law Jill likes to joke that she is not known for being such a wizard in the kitchen. When asked to whip up some Rice Krispie treats for her daughter's school party- she replied by asking “How many boxes should I bring?“. But she knows no matter how much she kids around- that her whole family counts on her for these amazing cheesy hash brown potatoes as the side dish at every holiday meal!
This recipe is so easy to pull together- I like to mix the cheesy potatoes together before starting dinner, and then just let them bake in the oven while I get everything else done. The kitchen smells so delicious that my kids will wander in a few times asking “how soon will dinner be ready?” because they just can't wait!
Best Ever Cheesy Hash Browns Recipe
- 1 bag of frozen or refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes or until hash browns are tender.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!