This cold sesame noodles recipe is such a family favorite at our house, that I will actually prepare the sesame noodles sauce once a week, put it into a container, and cook and drain a big package of noodles just so that I can keep them both separately in the fridge and have them ready to toss together anytime! They are delicious for dinner, to take to school in a packed lunch, or even as an after school snack!
It's simple enough to pull the sauce together- just put all of the ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth. Then prepare one box of fettuccine, drain and rinse, and then chill (separately from the sauce).
When you are ready to serve, mix a few spoonfuls of the sesame noodles sauce in with your cold noodles! (If you find your cold noodles sticking together, just rinse them under cold water first before draining and then add in the sauce).
Cold Sesame Noodles Recipe
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of red chili sauce
- ½ cup of peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1 box of fettuccine noodles, prepared according to the package
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Prepare the fettuccine noodles according to the package directions. Drain and chill in the fridge until cold.
- In a serving bowl, mix a few spoonfuls of sesame noodles sauce with the cold noodles.
These cold sesame noodles are better than any we have ever had for takeout! My kids love to eat them with these animal-themed kids chopsticks . But I prefer to use these wooden chopsticks that we can wash and re-use.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
If you are looking for some more yummy Chinese New Year recipes to create for your family- be sure to check out this post: 10 Ideas for Chinese New Year Food!