Kids love chicken nuggets for dinner– whether they're from the fast food place in town, the kids' menu in a nice restaurant, out of the box from the freezer, etc. They are truly the go-to meal for most kids. So I wanted to find a great version to make for our family at home- where the chicken nuggets were baked instead of fried, where the coating was crunchy and the nuggets had a good flavor that even adults would enjoy- but wouldn't stray too far from the chicken nuggets that my kids were used to. Here's the recipe we love for Crunchy Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce!
I received this Emeril's “There's a Chef in My Soup!” Cookbook many years ago and love using this book as a jumping-off point to finew new recipes for my family! And the book is written in such a way, that kids can read it and learn to cook alongside of you!
Emeril's recipe for Chicken Nuggets with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce is the inspiration for the version we cook at home!
Crunchy Chicken Nuggets with Honey-Mustard Sauce Recipe:
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce (our family loves Kraft Original BBQ)
- ½ teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt
- 3 cups of cornflakes
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of spicy mustard (we use Grey Poupon)
- Place the cut-up chicken breasts into a medium-sized mixing bowl and then add in the BBQ sauce and spices. Mix it well so that all of the chicken pieces are evenly coated in sauce and spice.
- Place the cornflakes into a ziptop bag, and using a rolling pin, crush the cornflakes into teeny-tiny pieces. In batches, place your chicken pieces into the cornflakes bag and shake well to coat the chicken.
- Lay out chicken pieces in rows onto a sheet pan covered in non-stick aluminum foil and bake in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix all together in a small bowl until combined.
Try not to eat it all before the kids get their fair share!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!