When the weather heats up for summer, the last thing I want to do is to turn on the oven or even cook on the stovetop in my hot, hot kitchen! Which is why I turn to my crockpot for help- even in the summer months (and how many of you think of the crockpot mainly for winter meals?)! It's so easy just to toss all of the ingredients into the slow cooker before heading out the spend time at the pool with my kids, and return home a few hours later with dinner already made!
This recipe for cocktail meatballs only contains 3 ingredients- and makes the most tangy and delicious sauce! We love to enjoy our meatballs as an entree with a side of oven-baked fries…. or piled onto sweet Hawaiian buns as mini meatball-sliders! Either way- the kids gobble them up!
I'll bet your never would have thought that grape jelly and chili sauce would combine to make such a yummy sauce!
I mix them together in a small bowl before adding them to the frozen meatballs.
And then I just set the crockpot to cook on low for a few hours while I do something fun with the kiddos!
- 2 packages of frozen Italian meatballs (cocktail sized)
- 1 12-oz jar of grape jelly
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray and then add in the frozen meatballs.
- Mix together the grape jelly and chili sauce in a small bowl, and then dump on top of the meatballs.
- Set the crockpot to cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with a side of oven baked fries or piled on top of sweet rolls for meatball sliders!