For my youngest daughter's birthday this summer, we celebrated with a Cutthroat Kitchen themed party, and one of the challenges was for the teams to follow a recipe and prepare a foil packet grilled entree. And what we all learned is that foil packet cooking on the grill produces some pretty yummy results! This recipe for Foil Packet Grilled Shrimp Fajitas is super simple to prepare- the kids can literally do it themselves- and has become one of our family's favorite dinner recipes!
Tear off four foil squares from a roll of foil, and add the veggies to the center of each of the foil sheets. Then place the shrimp on top of the veggies and give everything a nice generous squeeze of lime.
12 minutes on a hot grill should do the trick! (Just make sure all of your shrimp have turned nice and pink).
Foil Packet Grilled Shrimp Fajitas Recipe!
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into ½" thick strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into ½" thick strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ lbs. large shrimp- peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 limes, cut in ½
- 12 tortillas
- avocado, chopped
- shredded taco cheese
- non-stick foil
- In a zip-top bag, toss together the green pepper, onion, olive oil, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cut four sheets of foil 18" long. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among the packets.
- Arrange the shrimp on top of the veggies in a single layer. Squeeze the lime halves over the shrimp.
- Top each foil packet with another 18" foil sheet. Fold the edges together and crimp tightly to make a leak-proof packet.
- Grill shrimp packets for 12 minutes. The packets should puff up a bit and look like a pillow.
- Carefully open foil packets to ensure the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp and veggies with tortillas (which can be warmed on the grill if desired), salsa, avocado, and shredded cheese.
Super easy AND super delish!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!