Monkey bread is an occasional weekend breakfast treat at our house- and the kids love it. So when my daughter asked me to bake some monkey bread this weekend, I decided to jazz it up a bit and make Halloween monkey bread –perfect for celebrating the season!
Once the monkey bread comes out of the oven, flip the pan over to release it. All of the sugary-goodness will be on top. Then just press the vampire teeth , candy corn, and googly eyes into the warm dough. Don't let the monkey bread cool first- or it will be impossible to press the teeth into the dough!
Halloween Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 5 sets of plastic vampire teeth
- 10 pieces of candy corn
- 10 candy goggly eyes
- Place the ½ cup sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon into a gallon-sized zip top bag and shake to blend.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces, and place inside of the ziptop bag, shaking to coat each biscuit piece in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray and then pour the biscuit pieces into the pan, arranging them in an even layer.
- Mix the brown sugar into the melted butter and pour over the top of the biscuit pieces. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Immediately place a large plate or board on top of the 13×9 pan and flip the two over so as to dump the pan contents onto the plate.
- Press the vampire teeth into the monkey bread (you need to do this while it is still hot, or you won’t be able to get them in!). Add your candy corn and goggly eyes near your teeth to create scary faces! (You could attach your google eyes to the candy corn using a small dab of icing, or just simply dip them in water and place them on top of the candy corn. The stickiness of the two candies will allow them to stick to one another!).
Do you think your kids would love this Halloween Monkey Bread?
If you are looking for some other sweet Halloween treats, check out:
Looking for some more great ideas for Halloween?
Check out these posts:
- 10 Halloween Costumes for Tweens that Your Kids Will Love!
- 10 Awesome Halloween Costumes for Tweens You can Make at Home!
- 20 Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- Halloween Truth or Dare Game for Kids
- Halloween “Would You Rather?” Game for Kids
- Halloween Pumpkin Shaped Sugar Cookies
What is your favorite Halloween treat? Please share!