One of my favorite things to enjoy for breakfast is a bowl of greek yogurt topped with granola and berries! And I've turned my kids into fans as well! This homemade dried cranberry granola is tasty, healthy and you can make it the day before so it's ready to go in the morning!
Made with just a few simple ingredients- you can change up the recipe as you like by mixing in nuts, other dried fruits- whatever sounds good to your family!
Then be sure to check out this list of my favorite Kitchen Gadgets This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. for Busy Moms over on my Amazon influencer page This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. !
Homemade Dried Cranberry Granola Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- In a large bowl stir together the honey, maple syrup, egg whites, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt. Scoop out 1⁄2 cup of the honey mixture and set it aside in a medium-size bowl. Add the oats to the honey mixture in the original bowl and mix well until all of the oats are coated.
- In the medium-sized bowl, add the 2 cups of dried cranberries to the 1⁄2 cup of the honey mixture and stir to combine. Set the dried fruit mixture aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the oat mixture out on the prepared baking sheet in a thin, even layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the dried fruit mixture to the oat mixture and stir well with a spoon mixture or spatula to combine. Spread the granola out again in an even layer. Bake the granola until the oats are golden brown and crunchy, 40 to 45 minutes, stirring it once more halfway through the baking time but leave some clumps! Let the granola cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
what a great sounding treat
come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Erin Branscom says
I love your blog! 🙂 I have a menu Monday link up if you want to link up every week. Have a great week! Erin
Hi Erin! I did link up this week… you are on my weekly link-up list… and I love stopping by to see what’s on your menu plan for the week!
Kimberly D Smith says
Closer and organizing