A cold winter's day is the perfect time to enjoy a mug of hot chocolate- one of our favorite family beverages At our house; we prefer to make our own large-sized tub of hot cocoa mix rather than buying those expensive single-serving pouches at the grocery store. And we think this recipe for homemade hot cocoa mix tastes better too!
*Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through these links. It’s a great way to support a blogger!
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe:
This is so easy to mix together- that my kids can do it themselves!
- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Hersheys or Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup of mini-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powdered nondairy creamer
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in one large tub until well blended.
- Add hot water to 3-4 tablespoons of the homemade hot cocoa mix and stir well! Add marshmallows if desired! Enjoy!
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Container and Label:
The plastic container that I use to store our hot cocoa mix is a recycled food container from a prior use in my home- I can't even recall what was originally in it! But you can find a similar one here from Rubbermaid in the 6-quart size (lid sold separately).
If you'd like to print a copy of the label I created, simply sign up below to join the MomOf6 Busy Moms Community, and you'll be directed to a thank you page with the free printable Hot Cocoa Mix label!
Join the MomOf6 community!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!