You can make any night feel like something special by serving dessert with dinner! This homemade hot fudge recipe is easy to make (my kids can make it themselves with a little adult supervision around the stovetop), and is delicious served over ice cream or a brownie!
Should you have any leftover, you can store it in the fridge and then warm it in the microwave before serving again. Or you can just eat it cold out of the container with a spoon (not that anyone I know did that!)
Hot Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we go with Hershey's since they are nut-free)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Let cool slightly before drizzling over ice cream!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!