My after-school schedule is officially insane this year! With four kids playing travel soccer, 2 playing football, 2 in horseback riding, and 1 in chess- my chauffeur hat is getting some serious mileage! And I would be unable to juggle all of this without the awesome support of friends who offer to carpool with me and take turns driving our kids to and from the fields. But the real challenge comes when its time to make dinner. Between the shuttling of children to and from practice- it can be 7 pm before I walk in the door- and I have six starving mouths to feed! These taco dumplings are a perfect grab-and-go dinner for busy nights!
Tips for Making Taco Dumplings:
The dumpling wrappers are made from Grands biscuits- and I start my rolling them out-
Adding in the taco meat that I've prepared on the stovetop, sprinkling on some taco cheese-
And then folding the biscuit in half to cover the meat. I pinch the sides all around to keep the filling inside of the “dumpling”!
Taco Dumplings Recipe:
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- taco seasoning packet
- taco cheese (or you can just use cheddar)
- Prepare the dumpling filling by browning the ground beef, draining the grease, and adding in a package of your favorite taco seasoning mix along with ⅔ cup of water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out each Grands biscuit into a 6" round flat disk
- Place a heaping spoonful of taco filling in the center of each disk, and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Fold the biscuit in half, covering the filling, and pinch the edges all around to seal in the filling.
- Bake them in a preheated 375-degree oven for 11-14 minutes- until the outside of the dumplings is golden-brown.
These are seriously crazy-good! And perfect for dinner on-the-go!
And for an alternative- you can try the same technique with sloppy joes as the filling!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!