This post is sponsored by Pine-Sol® Clean & Disinfect with Pine-Sol®: The Powerful Scent of Clean.” I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.
You know, it's not really so much that I like to clean and organize my house… it's just that I like to live in a clean and organized house! And once I became a full-time stay-at-home Mom, I needed to find a way to stay on top of all of the housework without incurring the cost of a weekly house cleaner, and find a schedule that made me feel as if I wasn't spending the better part of my day cleaning the house! Because honestly, after 60-90 minutes of house cleaning chores- I am DONE! So over the years I have put together these tips and tricks for cleaning my home:
Declutter Your Home Daily
Most of the time it isn't the dirt that is making you nutty… it's all of the school paperwork and mail and toys and kids clothes that are scattered everywhere that is driving you up the wall. So if you make a plan to declutter your kitchen counters and get the kids to clean up their toys and shoes and clothes for 15 minutes each evening before starting your bedtime routine, the house cleaning becomes so much easier!
Break the Tasks into Manageable Bites
My life is too busy, and cleaning isn't one of my soul-fulfilling activities… so instead of cleaning my entire house top-to-bottom in just one day, I find it much more appealing to break down all of my cleaning chores into smaller tasks to work on over the course of a week. Here is how I break it down:
- grocery shopping and run errands
- big-time laundry day (ugh!). Wash clothes, sheets, and towels
*and yes, this does take me more than 60-90 minutes, but at least I can fold 2 loads and then get something else done before it is time to fold the next 2 loads!
- dust, vacuum, and mop the upstairs areas (bedrooms)
- clean the bathrooms
- empty trash cans throughout the house
- dust, vacuum, and mop the downstairs areas of the house (excluding the kitchen and family room)
- more laundry (clothing only)
- dust, vacuum, and mop the kitchen and family room
- water the plants
- change bed linens (remind me again why I thought that having bunk beds would be such a great idea? Because they are a pain in butt to strip and re-make!)
- coupon clipping / menu and grocery planning
How do you tackle your housecleaning? All in one day (just focus and get it over with), or in smaller chunks? Please leave a comment and share!
Are you a little extreme when it comes to cleaning? Win the Pine-Sol® Deep Clean Diva Crown and $5000. Enter Now!