Between homework, sports practices, lessons, and games- there is barely any time to put a healthy dinner on the table for the kids. Which is why it is great when they can jump in and help me prep a meal that I can then toss onto the grill once I get home from my 27th round of pickups and drop-offs for the afternoon! Today I am sharing with you one of those recipes- Foil Packet Grilled Lemon Chicken with Potatoes.
You start with baby potatoes and have the kids cut them in half and then in half again.
Drizzle in a little olive oil, and then pop them into the microwave for 6-8 minutes to give them a bit of a head start in the roasting process.
Then you coat the chicken breasts in mustard and herbs inside of a zip-top bag.
Before building a nice little foil packet with layers of potatoes, chicken, and lemon slices.
Be sure to wrap the packet up and seal it tightly to keep all of the juices inside before placing on the hot grill.
Then be sure to check out this list of my favorite Kitchen Gadgets This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. for Busy Moms over on my Amazon influencer page This is an affiliate link: MomOf6 earns a commission if you purchase, at no additional cost to you. !
Foil Packet Grilled Lemon Chicken with Potatoes Recipe!
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 spring fresh thyme leaves
- 1 spring fresh rosemary leaves- chopped
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, sliced in quarters
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- non-stick foil
- Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with the cut baby potatoes. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes.
- Combine 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, mustard, thyme, and rosemary in a large zip-top bag.
- Place chicken breasts inside of the bag and shake to coat with the olive oil mixture.
- Cut four sheets of foil, 18" long. Fold up the sides to create a tray. Divide baby potatoes among the packets.
- Top each packet with one chicken breast and two slices of lemon. Pour remaining olive oil mixture on top of each packet.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken and seal completely.
- Place packets on a hot grill for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Open packets carefully before serving.
It is so tasty!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
Leave a Reply