With six kids, we find the easiest way to travel is to take a family road trip! We regularly travel from New York out to Michigan and down to Florida to visit family- but we've also driven as far as Wyoming and Utah to show our kids the Western United States. I've got lots of tips to share with you on how to pack and plan for a road trip, and some great suggestions for road trip destinations. I want you to look forward to enjoying your family road trips!
Family Road Trip Planning and Packing:
- Printable Road Trip Planner– a free printable and planning guide to help you plan your next road trip!
- How to Plan a Great American Road Trip
- Free Printable Road Trip Packing List
- Packing for a Road Trip: How to Pack the Inside of Your Car
- The Best Car Coolers for a Family Road Trip
- 8 Must-Have Road Trip Essentials!
- Are We There Yet? Tracking the Family Road Trip
- 10 Great Travel Gifts for Road Trip Warriors
- 10 Great Travel Games for Kids
- Camping with Kids: Everything You Need for a Weekend in the Woods!
- Best Road Trip Tip: Leave Early in the Morning
- Lunch on the Road
- Breakfast on the Road
- Emergencies Will Happen
- Try the Candy
Road Trip Destinations:
- Fun Things to Do In New Hampshire with Kids
- Washington DC with Kids
- 7 Great Things to Do in Lake Placid with Kids
- 5 Awesome Spring Break Ideas for Families
- Summer History Lesson in Gettysburg
- Statue of Liberty
- Wreaths Across America
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
- 10 Great Things to Do in Atlanta with Kids!
- 5 Fun Things to Do in Asheville with Kids!
- Seabrook Island SC with Kids
- 8 Things to Do in Williamsburg VA with Kids
- Things to Do in New Smyrna Beach Florida- A Perfect Family Destination
Middle States USA:
- 5 Amazing National Parks for Your Summer Bucket List
- 10 Great Things to Do In South Dakota with Kids!
- Wyoming with Kids
- Rocky Mountain National Park with Kids
- Colorado Springs
- Western Colorado
- Southern Utah with Kids
- North Rim of the Grand Canyon
Vacation Ideas You Can Do Anywhere:
MomOf6 Loves New York (Our Home State!)
- 7 Reasons to Visit Lake Placid with Kids
- 8 Great Things to Do In New York City with Tweens– in just one day!
- Howe Caverns with Kids
- Watkins Glen State Park with Kids
- Corning Museum of Glass
- Walkway Over the Hudson with Kids
- Minnewaska State Park with Kids
- Rockefeller State Park: Hiking with Kids
- Legoland Westchester
More Resources for Busy Moms!
- Get Organized! A Busy Mom's Ultimate Guide on How to Organize Your Life, Your Family, & Your Home!
- How to Throw Your Own Kids Birthday Parties at Home
- Parenting and Large Family Life
- How to Hold a DIY Summer Camp at Home
- Recipes That Your Kids Will Actually Eat
I hope that you found this to be a great resource for you as you plan your next family road trip!