With Mother's Day just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about what would make the perfect Mother's Day gifts for the Moms in your life (or perhaps for you to drop a few hints to those that will be shopping for you!). So here are some ideas for you:
Mother's Day Gifts: Something That Mom Can Look Forward To All Year Long!
I love the idea of a recurring gift- where the recipient receives a box month after month (or every few months) that continues to remind her how much you love and value her in your life! Cratejoy is a website that showcases hundreds of different kinds of subscription boxes- so that you can easily find one that fits your Mom's personality!
Books to Inspire Her:
A good book is always a welcome gift- especially when Mom is given the decadence of time alone to actually read it!
- “ The Beautiful No ” is a book that had a tremendous impact on me, and it led me to change the way I think about my life- giving me permission to dream about goals for myself, beyond just raising my family. I loved it- and I bet a Mom in your life would too!
- “ Year of Yes ” by Shonda Rhimes is one of the best books I have ever read! You all know Shonda- she is the powerhouse mastermind behind hit shows such as “Gray's Anatomy,” “Scandal,” and “How to Get Away with Murder.” This book makes you laugh out loud, touches your heart, and inspires you to think bigger in your own life!
Tools To Make Kitchen Time Easier!
We are all cooking a LOT these days! And while I wouldn't normally recommend kitchen appliances for Mother's Day, I think this year they would be really appreciated if they make her life a little easier!
- If Mom doesn't have a slow cooker, then this kitchen tool is the one to buy for her. I literally use my slow cooker 2-3 times a week- whether I am making the main course in it or a side dish. Your home smells delicious all day long, and it makes the dinner hour so much easier when most of the work is already done! (I purchased this Hamilton Beach model last month when my old slow cooker stopped working- and I love it)
- My family loves potatoes as a side dish for many meals- and we use this AirFryer at least 3 times a week- whether we've diced whole potatoes to make homemade has browns or are tossing in a bag of frozen fries- this is such an easy way to make potatoes without oil- and clean up is super fast!
- Since we are baking several times a week- cookies, brownies, cakes, bread- having a powerful mixer has been so great! I've owned this KitchenAid Artisan mixer for 5 years now- and I absolutely love it. A little pricey- but I use it so often that I am sure that I am down to just pennies per use!
A Sweet Treat!
There is this awesome wine bar near our house that Steve and I go to once in a while for date night, and while I do love to sip a nice glass of Chardonnay by candlelight in one of their cozy velvet seats, it's their Sander's dark chocolate sea salt caramels that keep me coming back! Seriously… a whole jar just for me would be an amazing Mother's Day gift!
Something that Smells Divine!
I love a candle that smells great and whose label makes me smile. These candles are from the Malicious Woman Candle Co and they are my fav! (I love the scent, “A Hot Mess”!)
A Step Tracker That Runs on a Watch Battery!
The biggest pain for those of us that love to track our daily steps is that the darn trackers need to be plugged in every few days or their battery dies. Not so with this fashionable Withings watch and activity tracker!
It runs on a watch battery that lasts up to 9 months- and replacement batteries run less than $10! And it looks so much more stylish than any other fitness tracker I've ever seen!
Beautiful and Inspiring Jewelry
I love to be inspired by the words and phrases that have personal meaning to me- like “peace”, “patience”, “gratitude”, and “just keep swimming!” That's why I love my MantraBands ! Available in silver, gold, and rose gold, you can choose from dozens of mantras that have a special meaning for Mom (or you!)!
Something to Spoil Her!
What Mom doesn't love a spa basket? This beautiful spa gift basket can be ordered as a lavender set or a citrus set, and comes with a natural soap bar, facial clay mask, shower steamer, body oil, bath bomb, natural lip balm, fave towel, sponge, and scented candle.
The top of the box can be personalized with your Mom's name, and it includes a personal note from you!
If Mom loves to get a pedicure (but can't right now), then she might really appreciate this pedicure gift box ! It comes with a peppermint foot soak, a jar of peppermint foot butter, a spa gift for her feet, and a nail polish.
Looking for some more great ideas for Mother's Day? Check out these posts:
- 15 Gift Ideas for the Organized Mom
- What Moms REALLY Want for Mother's Day
- A Guy's Guide to Delivering BIG on Mother's Day
- Great Gifts for Mom: Ideas and Recipes that are Perfect for Mother's Day
- Indulgent Gifts for Mom
- Last-Minute Mother's Day Ideas