I think that every busy Mom should have a Sloppy Joes recipe in her arsenal of family dinners to make during the week. I love this Baked Sloppy Joes recipe that my Mom created, and I've modified over the years to make it our own!
It's a simple ingredient list of items you likely have hanging around your kitchen:
Everything is prepared on the stovetop- browning the beef, draining it, and then adding in all of the ingredients.
And then this is placed in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes which just melds the flavors together perfectly! And be sure to serve it on a toasted bun which helps to hold in the juices better than fresh bread!
Baked Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 1/b ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of hot sauce (Tabasco or Sriracha)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Brown the ground beef, sprinkling the onion powder on top as it browns. Drain the grease.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the beef. If you are making this ahead of time, you can put the mixture in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake the Sloppy Joes mixture for 30-40 minutes, with the lid on.
- Serve on a warm toasted bun.
I love to serve it with a crisp salad, and some air fryer baked french fries!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
Leave a Reply