If chicken makes a regular appearance at your dinner table, (at my house we serve chicken at least twice a week!) then you might be interested in a new way to prepare it that is delicious and very kid-friendly. Cheddar and Ritz Cracker Chicken is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Bon Appetit magazine a long time ago, and over the years we've made a few changes to make it our own. Now it is my son Jack's favorite dish!
It all starts with melted butter on one side, and then a delicious mixture of crushed Ritz crackers, finely shredded cheddar cheese with a dash of garlic powder on the other.
Dip the thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts in the melted butter, and then press the cracker and cheese mixture into both sides of the chicken breasts. Bake in 13×9 pans until golden brown (about 20 minutes)
Cheddar and Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe
- 2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers (regular or whole wheat)
- ¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese (finely shredded works best)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 packages of thin-sliced skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Take the sleeves of Ritz Crackers and place them in a Ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush them into bits- by first tapping on the bag with the rolling pin, and then once they are broken, rolling over the bag to thoroughly crush them.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the melted butter, and then press the cracker and cheese mixture into both sides of each chicken breast, and place it into a baking dish.
- When you have finished coating all of the chicken, sprinkle any leftover crumb coating on top of the chicken in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!