Salads are a regular part of our menu plan, but when the weather warms up salads really take center stage at our dinner table! And this summer salad is made with fresh greens (you can use romaine, spinach, fancy leafy greens or any combination of the above!), a sprinkling of dried cherries, and a few crumbles of goat cheese is a family favorite! My kids love the tangy raspberry vinaigrette that takes just a few minutes to whip up in the blender!
How to Make the Tangy Raspberry Vinaigrette for the Summer Salad:
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar (I used a raspberry white balsamic vinegar)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of oregano
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Chill for an hour before serving.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!