One of the tastiest and most budget-friendly meals that I make for my family is chicken legs. They are juicy when roasted in the oven and made even more delicious when marinated in advance, and then topped with a sauce. Here's the recipe for one of our favorite dinners: Asian BBQ Chicken Legs!
I like to marinate them in the morning when I am making breakfast for the kids, pop them into the oven for 45 minutes while wrapping up homework in the late afternoon, and then finish them on the grill right before dinner!
I find it easiest to marinate the chicken legs in a ziptop bag so I can turn the contents of the bag a few times over the course of the day!
Asian BBQ Chicken Legs Recipe:
- 1 family-sized package of chicken legs (10-12 legs)
- ⅔ cup of soy sauce
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together all of the ingredients (except for the chicken legs) until well blended to form the marinade. Place drumsticks in a ziptop bag and pour the marinade over the legs. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with non-stick foil. Bake for 45 minutes so that the chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile, "sterilize" your marinade by pouring it into a saucepan and bringing it to a boil on the stovetop for 3 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ grill, and finish the chicken legs on the grill, brushing the marinade on top for 10-15 minutes.
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!