My family and I love to eat out at Chili's. We love the food, and we especially love the chips with skillet queso (okay, truthfully I especially love the Presidente margaritas!). So I had been on the lookout for a recipe for skillet queso that tastes just like the one we enjoy at the restaurant. And ta-da! I found one, adjusted it a bit, and today I am sharing my recipe for Copycat Chili's Skillet Queso with you!
Copycat Chili's Skillet Queso
It really doesn't get much easier than this!
It starts with the creamy goodness of a small block of Velveeta cheese. We slice it into cubes for easier melting.
Then you add the other 7 ingredients to the saucepan and stir until smooth and bubbly. Seriously- it's easy enough that my kids can make it and serve the family as we watch football together on a weekend afternoon!
Copycat Chili's Skillet Queso Recipe:
- 16-ounce box Velveeta Cheese
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 25-ounce can Hormel Chili (No Beans)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes and place into a saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!