This is a great dinner recipe that is easy to pull together and so delicious! You marinate the chicken in the morning before you start your day, and then grill it just before dinner while cooking down the marinade to serve as the sauce, all in just a few minutes! Here's my family recipe for Mediterranean Grilled Chicken!
Before placing your chicken breasts on the grill, make sure that you have cleaned and oiled the grate- otherwise, your chicken will stick (I ball-up a paper towel, dip it in vegetable oil and then use tongs to wipe the oil over the grate).
You'll want to use an instant-read thermometer to test that your chicken is done (or do as I do and cut into the center of the breast to make sure it is cooked all the way through!)
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices, the tomato and onion (both chopped). Place in a Ziploc bag, and then add in the chicken. Shake the bag until the chicken is evenly coated and place in the refrigerator to keep cold until you’re ready to grill.
- Grill your chicken breasts over a medium hot grill, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, pour the remaining marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stovetop. Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Serve grilled chicken with cooked marinade spooned on top as a sauce.
I know your family is going to love this recipe as much as mine does! Enjoy!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!