I love a good marinated steak recipe, because you mix up the marinade in the morning, pour it over the cut of beef, and then a half an hour before dinner, you grill. It is simple and so delicious. Here's our family recipe for Asian Style Grilled Flank Steak:
Asian Style Grilled Flank Steak
It's the flavorful marinade that makes this recipe so good! Place your flank steak in a ziptop bag. Mix the marinade in a bowl and pour it over the top of the steak. Seal and return to the fridge for the rest of the day.
Grill over medium-high heat.
While the meat is cooking, I will take the marinade that was leftover in the Ziplock bag, and put it into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
To serve, slice the meat diagonally across the grain into nice thin strips. Serve with the marinade (that has been boiled) and some steamed rice and veggies!
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger (or sometimes I use the minced ginger that you find in a jar in the produce section of the grocery store)
- 1 flank steak (or 2 for large families like mine!)
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Take out your flank steak and place it into a large (gallon-sized) Ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the steak, zip up the bag, and then turn the bag over a few times to be sure that all of the meat is soaking in the marinade. Place the Ziplock bag into a large bowl (in case the bag leaks!) and put it in the fridge. I do this in the morning- so it marinates all day.
- Grill over medium-high heat.
- While the meat is cooking, I will take the marinade that was leftover in the Ziplock bag, and put it into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- To serve, slice the meat diagonally across the grain into nice thin strips. Serve with the marinade (that has been boiled) and some steamed rice and veggies!
Looking for More Recipes that Kids Will Actually Eat?
Then check out my Recipes page for breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and more that have been Rowley family approved!
Oh man, this looks delicious! We love flank steak (and I’m a fan of anything with Worcestershire Sauce)! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Merry Monday!
Pinning! This looks delicious and I’m sure all my boys would love it! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty Hope to see you back!
I need more steak in my life. It’s like you read my mind!
Thanks for joining Peace, Love, Linkup! Come and grab a button and I’ll see you tomorrow at 6 for more sharing hijinks!
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe at Craft Frenzy Friday at Mom Home Guide! Hope you’ll be linking up this week!
Oh this sounds delicious! Steak and summer time are the perfect combo… and since summer is coming to an end, I think I might hit up the hubby to try this recipe this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing… can’t wait to give it a try.
Helen Fern says
This looks so good!! Would love to have you share it at the What’s for Dinner Link up!
Always love new flank steak recipes! ?
Pinning this because Flank steak is a inexpensive cut of my favorite beef. I have to try this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us the DI & DI Link Party also 🙂
Pia @ Mama Hustle says
This looks delicious! I always forget about flank steak – I usually get in a red meat rut with hamburger and roasts. Can’t wait to try this!
Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side says
This looks great, I love flank steak 🙂 Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Thursday Favorite Things.
Janet Vinyard says
Hi Sharon, This looks so good! I love fresh ginger and London Broil so I’m sure I’d like this a lot! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Blessings, Janet